Doctoral Program in Education Sciences
Years: 3 Semesters: 6 ECTS Credits: 180
The Doctoral Program in Education Sciences, in its different specializations, was designed to meet a wide variety of skills, and to provide a set of analytical strategies and conceptual tools fundamental to the theoretical, methodological and empirical understanding of the educational phenomena at local, national, and international scale, in order to ensure rigorous intervention, by responding effectively to new opportunities and demands of the national and community market.
To be awarded the degree of Doctor in Education Sciences, the students must:
- demonstrate systematic knowledge in one of the areas of Education Sciences (Analysis and Organization of Education Situations, Training Systems, and Organization and Development of Education Systems), and master the research models, methodologies, and techniques associated with this area;
- show the ability to conceive, design and carry out significant and innovative research in the area of Education Sciences;
- produce, through original research, a contribution to expand the frontier of knowledge in Education Sciences, recognized by the publication of the results of that research in international peer-reviewed journals;
- show the necessary skills to enable their integration in different professional or academic contexts as progress promoters, and holders of high expertise.
A Doctor in Education Sciences should also be able to convey to his/her peers, and society in general, his/her specialization area, and to promote, in academic and professional contexts, the scientific, cultural, and social advancements in a knowledge-based society.
The specializations in the Doctoral Program in Education Sciences are:
- Didactics of Physical Education and Sport
- Special Education
- Education for Health
- Training of Trainers
- Curricular Theory and Evaluation
The course is specialized in the scientific area of Education Sciences.
José Manuel Fragoso Alves Diniz, Full Professor
Please click Here.