Dance | 9068
Margarida da Conceição de Jesus Moura Fernandes, Ph.D.
Maria João Fernandes do Nascimento Alves, Ph.D.
Years: 3 Semesters: 6 ECTS Credits: 180
To develop the skills required for a generalist professional profile, open to various forms of dance and different contexts of intervention in the community, such as: to plan, implement, participate, monitor and promote artistic and cultural recreation and leisure programs to create and adapt choreographic projects to different populations and dance styles; to design, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate projects and productions of artistic and cultural events; to know, plan, implement, evaluate and adapt teaching methodologies and forms of dance to different contexts and populations.
Please click here.
Dance teaching and training: sociocultural animation; choreographic creation; project management and production of artistic events (design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation).
- Graduates who were employed in activity sectors related to the area of the cycle of studies: 88%
- Graduates who were employed one year after completing the Course: 89%
Admission to a higher level of studies
Admission to Master (2nd Cycle) and Doctoral (3rd Cycle) programs.
Conclusion of secondary education with specific admission exams.
- Pre-requisites: Group I – Functional and Artistic Aptitude
- Admission exams: Biology and Geology, or Descriptive Geometry, or History of Culture and Arts, or English, or Portuguese
- Minimum admission grades: Admission exams: 95, and Application: 95
- Target: Holders of the 12th Form Certificate.
- Bottom place Score: 120,0 - 1st phase; 122,0 - 2nd phase (2013/2014)
Given the eminently practical and laboratory character of the course, students are required, especially in the 3rd and final year, to perform creative tasks with a strong social and community involvement, for different situations in dance.
Depending on the existing agreements and on the results obtained during the course, the student may apply to different Mobility Programs.
The course has five scientific areas, namely:
- Biology of Physical Activities
- Sociology, Cultural Studies and Management of Physical Activities and Sports
- Psychology and Motor Behavior
- Pedagogy and Intervention Methodologies in Motor Activities
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics
Tuition fee for 2015-2016: 1063,47€
Rules and Regulations
All the course modules have the following evaluation models:
- continuous evaluation
- two different exam periods
Attendance is an evaluation criterion, preferably in the practical-laboratory courses.
The final 1st cycle Diploma and corresponding Supplement is awarded after completion of all the course modules.